The Science of the Unconscious Process
The Formal Theory identifies the creative process as a scientific conflict resolution phenomenon. This conceptualization revamps agnostic psychology's key concepts: the unconscious, diagnostic categories, assessment technology, and clarifies moral values as the three principles of conflict resolution: moderation, cooperation, and mutual respect. The Conflict Analysis Battery measures personality types with the inventory and conflict resolution patterns with the ten creativity exercises.
The Simple Harmonic Motion
The first phenomenon is the Simple Harmonic Motion based on the principle of conservation of energy and its transformation from dynamic to kinetic. The mind transforms it to higher order energy, negative entropy. We conceive conflict as a shift away from the normative position, the state of rest. The deviation represents an emotional energetic charge that oscillates in one's mind back and forth until the conflict is resolved, until the emotional charge is transformed from conflict to resolution or order, negative entropy. The unconscious is like the chlorophyll of plants: it captures energy of conflict and transforms it into personal emotional growth.
The process to conflict resolution and personal growth consists of three emotional oscillations. They are identified with six-role states as stress and response, anxiety and defense, reversal and compromise. The normative deviation, the Stress state, a passivity state generates an opposite emotional force, acceleration, leading to an activity proportional and opposite to the initial deviation, driving one to overshoot the rest state. This is the Response. The Response generates an opposite force called Anxiety that is experienced as passivity and that leads to a new activity, the Defense role, which then leads to one's Reversal, another passivity state countered by making inner concessions, attitude changes or growth leading to the rest state resolving the conflict with a Compromise.
This mental oscillations process transforms conflict energy to resolution as the happy ending of stories. The three pendulum oscillations restore the mental balance. We identify the three oscillations the six interrelated states of passivity and activity as an emotional chain reaction whose task is transforming a conflict from a state of passivity, antagonism and alienation to a resolution as a state of mastery, cooperation and mutual respect. The chain reaction of the six events is identified clinically as a relational modality syndrome.
The Equilibrial Scale
The second phenomenon is the equilibrial scale. There are three formal operations to restore the balance of the trays given the situation of a conflict as placing a weight on one tray of the scale:
- Reciprocity: This formal operation places a weight on the scale’s other tray, corresponding to the reciprocal behavior, using activity to offset a passivity state.
- Negation: This formal operation removes the initial weight from the weighted down tray, corresponding to pursuing the opposite behavior, turning antagonism to cooperation.
- Correlation: This operation shifts the weight on the fulcrum of the scale to establish balance; it corresponds to changing attitude from feeling alienated to experiencing mutual respect, feeling respected but also, being respectful reconciled with adversity.
The Conflict Analysis Battery is designed to trigger insight and self-improvement. Coupling the inventory and creativity tasks the Conflict Analysis Battery allows individuals to understand their relational patterns and to recognize the emotional chain reaction as a six-role psychodynamic process..
The CAB features the following instruments:
- The Relational Modality Evaluation Scale is a Likert-rated report that identifies the dimensions of one’s relational patterns. Rather than pathologizing, this test presents wellness diagnoses,
- The Creativity Tasks are a sequence of creativity exercises that explore conflict resolution topics followed by guided self-analysis. The tasks are designed to allowing the test-taker to become self-analytical.
The Conflict Analysis Battery was designed through 50 years of clinical research. Current research on the CAB is directed by Albert Levis, MD, and Maxwell Levis, PhD.
Dr. Levis Explains The Formal Theory
Dive into the theory of The Unconscious
Philosophers and scientists have long debated about the nature of the human mind. Psychology today is medicalized and agnostic, free from moral considerations. Morality is delegated to religions. The Formal Theoretical position considers psychology a natural science and religions as psychological measurable phenomena; it recognizes them as complementary discoveries of the Science of Conflict Resolution, the Moral Science